Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service applies to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a hosting supplier. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to have a weblog, email box accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain firms, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely mistaken interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between individual bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous webspace hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a vast number of images with pals or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your emails. Some firms provide web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to possess as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to possess a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Sinaon Hosting, for instance, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular web content only.